Subject: OFF TOPIC: Ultrix for VS4000?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/1998 15:27:51
Sorry if this shows up twice on the list.. Somehow my first
message got munged somewhere...

One of my friends just picked up a loaded VAXstation 4000 VLC. Lotsa
memory, couple Gb SCSI drives, etc.

No monitor and keyboard though..

This is the info from the box:

	VAXstation 4000 VLC
	Model: VS48K-CA

The box has VMS 7.x installed (not sure which sub-rev), but most of us
are 'UNIX people', so he wants to get some form of UNIX going on it..

NetBSD does not (yet) support this box AFAIK and I'm not sure about
4.4BSD. (which could be an option with the new source license..)

Is there or was there ever an Ultrix for the VS4000? If so: does the
DEC Hobbyist license also cover Ultrix (2-user?) or only VMS?

Please direct replies to me directly instead of the mailing list
to keep the list on-topic..

TIA!

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,