Subject: Re: Netboot from BeBox and Ultrix installation
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/17/1998 17:30:05
Olaf Seibert wrote:

> David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> >   AFAIK the current IP-centric nature of the Networking Kit may make these
> > ports quite difficult.
>
> I've been rummaging through Be's ftp site and it seems possible to make
> an add-on for the netserver that gets to see all packets. I'd have to
> check if the necessary include files are availeble.

  True, that might be possible.  It's been a while since I looked at this
stuff.  IIRC a bunch of stuff was added in PR2 that I was fairly excited
about but then my excitement ebbed.

> The MV has no floppy drive (can it have one anyway?)

  I know that the SCSI/MFM controller can have a floppy drive, but I'm not
sure about the SCSI/SCSI.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/