Subject: Re: uVax-II netboot help
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/1998 21:18:45
> Hardware could be the cause of this.  The first thing I'd try is putting
> things back the way they were, especially if this was a known working
> condition.  As for your slot layout, maybe someone else on the list can
> comment on whether the following is okay or not.  I don't know if it's
> okay to leave the bottom half of slot three open or not.

It's not clear what sort of backplane is being used, but if it's a BA23
or BA123, it's fine to have the "bottom" (i.e. CD slots) half of slot
3 empty.

It's quite strange to get sa SCBINT while booting from a DEQNA.  Do
other machines on the local network see the boot request?  Do they
respond to it?

Tim.