Subject: Re: TK50Z
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 04-Mar-1998 0721 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/1998 08:53:22
"sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu" "Michael Sokolov" wrote:

>   This is certainly true. However, why bother with TVDRIVER in the first
>place?!

When TVDRIVER was written the SCSI infrastructure (the PKxDRIVERs) didn't exist.

>         _PKNDRIVER_ would work UNMODIFIED on KA410 if it didn't contain a
>few lines of code that check the CPU type and prevent the driver from
>artificial feature blocking.

If that's all there is to it then it won't be hard for you to point out the
lines of code that perform this check. (I just looked and couldn't see anything
obvious but don't let that put you off).

>   But apparently there has been enough incentive to add extra code to
>PKNDRIVER to artificially prevent it from working on KA410.

Nope.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England