Subject: Re: Biggest Bang/Buck on Vax systems
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Robinson <jrobinson@stisierra.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/1998 09:00:28
>Of the physically large systems the 11/780, 782, 785, 8200, 86xx can
>really fill a room and eat power but they don't offer a lot of VUPs
>though their ability to do a lot of IOs is good.

I have an 8200 that fits in one rack unit. It's not huge and runs off of
110V. But I think that you will find that putting disk's on them take up the
space. My disk array takes up 3 times the space as my cpu cab. The Unibus
option rack and CI rack take up even more.... ;-)

<.. side note....>
is the CI bus supported, or going to be. This looks like it would be go for
doing one OS over multiple systems... or even using some of its disk
arrays......

James
;-)