Subject: Re: Is something wrong with /dev/mem?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/1998 08:00:40
> I don't think /dev/mem supports mmap() on vax. Also, the "lost mapping"

Is there any reason why not or is it just that nobody got around to
writing the code?  It'd be nice if this worked because it'd be a nice
way to play with unsupported hardware (eg. VS2000 video, Q-bus IO
boards, etc.)  Should at least reads/writes access locations in the
physical address space like the monitor commands?

> problem should be gone away in post-1.3. What version are you using?
>
> -- Ragge

I tried 1.2C and 1.3 (the generic kernel) on my VS2000.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |