Subject: X now works on QDSS!!!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/01/1998 23:08:06
I've finally got the QDSS driver to work with X.  I ran a 4.3BSD Xqdss
binary and it actually worked.  Apparently all this time chasing panics
and rebooting the MicroVAX II has paid off.   Now the QDSS works both as
a console and under X.
BTW.  The fact that a 4.3BSD Xqdss binary worked must mean that the
4.3BSD emulation is rather good.

There is still some work to be done.  With the QDSS driver I have to
clean up the changes, fix the QDSS detection routines (they now assume
it is there) and do some testing.  I suppose that after that the code
can be integrated in the kernel.

Some work needs to be done with the X server as well.  Xqdss is not
included in X11R6.3.  The Xqdss sources form an earlier X release
(X11R5, I think) will have to be integrated into the current X sources.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |