Subject: Re: TMSCP support
To: Michael Sokolov <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Robinson <jrobinson@stisierra.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/1998 11:12:20
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>

<SNIP>
>> 2) There is a TK50 controller on the DEBNA, is that suppoted?(T1034)
>
>What do you mean by "on the DEBNA"? IIRC, DEBNA is BI Ethernet, isn't it?
Or do
>you mean "on the UNIBUS adapter?" If so, it's UNIBUS TMSCP and is fully
>supported by all three Unices (Berkeley UNIX(R), Ultrix, and NetBSD).

There are 2 version of the DEBNA, one that has only Ethernet on it and the
other one has the Ethernet and the TK50 controller. Depending on what  -XX
you get. There  is also mention of this in the file niregs.h in 4.4BSD.

>> What is the best way to load the system.
>
>Depends on what system do you want to load. For both NetBSD and Berkeley
>UNIX(R) you'll either need a UNIBUS TMSCP controller, or you'll have to
cheat
I do have a BI to UNIBUS card in the system. But I thought that was not
supported in NetBSD yet. ;-( The Unibus subsystem has my Ethernet card in it
along with my serial Mux's.

FWIW
James