Subject: Re: VS3100 SCSI Cable?
To: Seth J. Morabito <sethm@squeep.com>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/24/1998 22:57:50
On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Seth J. Morabito wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone, off hand, know the part number of the SCSI cable used for
> the VS3100 68-pin SCSI-1 connector?
>
> This would be a 68-pin high-density female to 50-pin low-density male
> Centronics SCSI cable.  I know one exists, I just don't know the part
> number, and I don't believe anyone but DEC ever made a FEMALE 68-pin
> SCSI cable.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> -Seth

	A while back, Cables to Go (1 800 506 9601) had such a beast.
Unfortunately, that has been discontinued. I had basically got around that
problem by a hack: I had a 50 pin centronics female connector wi about 45
cm of ribbon capped off with a 50 pin Berg female connector.  This
connected into the end of the internal SCSI cable.  After much hogging of
plastic and cutting/drilling of metal chassis, I had the connector fit as
tight as a glove in its new location where the other connector existed. No
weird overpriced cables. That 68 pine male in the back goes to the
*secondary* SCSI host whereas my hack uses the primary. Eventually I will
re-pin the 68 male to another 50 pin centronics connector and do some
more plastic surgery (pun not intended) and bouth SCSI hosts will be
accessible from the outside.

P.S.A