Subject: Re: TK50Z
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/23/1998 23:03:45

<> In the mean time I'll tell the prodisk-105S plugged into the RD53
<> equipped VS2k running ultrix it's not supposed to work.
<
<   Is that a SCSI disk?

Yes.  Though cable wise I'd rather do two 3.5" MFMs.

< How do you have it configured in Ultrix?

No idea.  Unix/ultrix is a toy I play with. I only have one system
running that.  The rest run VMS, RT-11, CP/M.

<Did you write your own driver, use some DEC-confidential code, or
<simply play with the kernel config file?

Unknown.  The machine was from Umass Amhurst junkpile as did the RD53 in
it.  It looks vanilla to me.

I think if you were to go to the Ultrix internals courses that dec
offered plus docs, writing one is not a unresonable task.  It's been
done with VMS as well.  Me I prefer to not work on kernel stuff unless
for money, embedded micros are my thing.

My idea of fun is getting UZI unix running on a z80 derivitive (Z280).

Allison