Subject: Re: Precompiled vax packages anyone?
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/1998 15:04:20
On Sun, Feb 22, 1998 at 12:02:43PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> The crash when emacs sumps is because of an error in an include
> file. I don't remember which right now, but I fixed it a long time
> ago, to that I do have a dumped emacs-19 here.

So do I, actually -- 'temacs' crashes while dumping 'emacs', but the
dumped 'emacs' is still runnable, and hasn't surprised me yet.  Can
you remember anything about _when_ it crashes?  That is, whether the
unexec'd image is complete or not?  If I'm running a risk by using it,
I wouldn't mind knowing about it...  :-)

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"