Subject: Re: Precompiled vax packages anyone?
To: Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/21/1998 07:38:52
Christoph Martin wrote:
> We are working on emacs. We got it running. Just at the moment I try
> to recompile it from scratch with the correct patches for vax. If this
> works IŽll make the package.

I'm wondering... what's the big deal with emacs.  I just got 20.2, did
configure (with X support) and then did make.  It finished compiling the
same day.  The dump core dumped, but the resulting emacs binary seems to
work fine.

OTOH, running emacs 20.2 on a uVAX-II is silly.  Maybe if I compiled
18.something, it wouldn't be too slow to be considered a text editor
(hey, it runs on a VS2000 just like 20.2 runs on a 486DX50)

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |