Subject: Re: Retrocomputing, VAXen, and NetBSD
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/20/1998 09:23:45
Gunnar Helliesen wrote:

> Jacob H. Suter wrote:
> >

> [...]
> > S3 Virge, etc) for a Vax...  How could I play my mp3's? :)
>
> We could lobby Creative Labs to start making Qbus SoundBlasters?

Hmm... what about all those Q-bus D/A boards.  Why can't they be used as
sound boards.  DMA paralel IO boards could be used if you just add the
proper D/A hardware.
Of course you don't have music synthesis, but you do have sound.
I was thinking of using one of my MDB MLSI-DR11-B boards to do this, but
I don't have any information about it so I can't.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |