Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC: mounting hardware
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 17-Feb-1998 1002 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/1998 11:36:59
"zaft@azstarnet.com" "Gordon C. Zaft" wrote:

>	Sorry to have another offtopic post, but....  I have an SZ12 expansion
>chassis for my VAXstation 3100/30.  I have an RRD42 I'd like to mount in
>it.  I'm looking for a source of mounting hardware for this, or at least a
>part number that I can have a go at the DEC folks with.  Also, I am looking
>for the same info for mounting hardware for an RZ55 style drive (that is,

The part you need is a "cradle" into which the RZ55 fits and is attached via
screws at the side. Think of a U-shaped piece of metal 150mm wide, with sides
about 3mm high. Mounting holes for the drive ar about 23-24mm up the sides and
are about 80mm centre to centre. There is a captive screw to one side and lugs
to the other to attach this baseplate to the BA42 box. I guess the same part
might do for mounting RRD42s (I don't have one bare to hand to check).

The mounting "cradle" has the number 74-39202-01 stamped on it, so I guess that
the part number will be something completely different :-) always assuming you
can order it at all :-0

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England