Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 17-Feb-1998 0800 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/1998 10:35:17
"allisonp@world.std.com" "Allison J Parent" wrote:

>Up to 1993 I'm certain you could get the fiche with listings of the ROMs.
>I'd bet that somewhere inside field service they still exist.  They were
>created for several purposes, namely archive, manufacturing, support and
>service(module repairs).  during my time in Digital I used that knowledge
>to clarify and support my work and things of general interest to me.

I'm sure it's still available today, in fact I've seen some of the on-line
listings - what I meant was that a *customer* could get the listings for the
early uVAX range. The listings from the MicroVAX 3100 Model 10 onwards were
never on the VMS Source Listings fiche, AFAIK; which is a pity since VAXstation
3100 series could do with a patch to change the way boot drivers access SCSI
disks and so lift the 1.073GB restriction.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England