Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: Daniel A. Seagraves <DSEAGRAV@toad.xkl.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 13:14:17
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Daniel A. Seagraves wrote:

> So, I have 2 good 200-meg SCSI devices.  Can I just hang them off the SCSI
> port in the back?  Then I could have an RX33 and a 200 meg SCSI hdd, all
> portable, all VAX!  That would rule...

	The uVax2000 will not boot from a SCSI disk (the ROM talks a
	different protocol over that device... thanks Dec), but if you
	can write a NetBSD kernel to an RX33 then you should be able to
	boot from than then run the filesystems from a SCSI drive
	(fitted inside even :)

		David/absolute

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.-- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          too drunk to care          |    the hell of the night before    |
|  looked like death, felt like hell  |   I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ been the worse for wear ------'-- and still I'll drink some more --'