Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: Jacob H. Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 13:32:14
> how about a 1 kW inverter in your automobile w/ a Leece-Neville 145 amp
> police/ambulance alternator kit? :)

Hmm, my 78 E150 (Ford Econoline van, "Club wagon" full window/passenger
config with the rear seat missing for years) came with a 120A stock...
Now the 1992 Explorer XLT 4.0L only has a 65, but it appears to deliver
more than that if you really need it.

> q: What does 140 mph @ 3 vup's ?
> a: VAX operated 351W in a Ford Wagon!

Hmm... No ford wagon I know of will do 140, especially not with a stock
351W and any non-babyvax in the back.

> My idea of an aggressive motoring hacker: Cut me off and I'll trash your
> credit record at the next keystroke!

Well, it'd be rather nice but hard to find ethernet/telephone hookups in
Ford Wagons these days...  Cellular is too damned expensive (else I'd
always be driving on IRC with voice dictation software :)

JS

PS - If anyone wants to buy my van - make offer.  Its good to haul vaxen
around in, and I can make it run :)