Subject: Re: Off-topic: DEC monitor to VGA?
To: Jacob H. Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 08:02:07
On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Jacob H. Suter wrote:

> I'm having monitor troubles on my PC.  No backup VGA's around but have
> two extra DEC VR160-DA's (look like 17" w/ about 16 viewable, etc) on
> hand.  All my vaxen are mono-only so they have no real use at the
> moment.
>
> If they are usable, is there a way to convert 3-BNC to VGA reasonably?
> I can't find any cables to do the job...
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob Suter
> *blink* *thwack!* *blink blink* *sigh*

	The DEC VR-160-DA is a fixed frequency unit based on the Hitachi
HM4015 series chasssis. The unit runs 54.9 KHz horizontal and 60 Hz
vertical. Sync is received on green. Set the VAX video to GPX (1024 x
800?) which will run this monitor. I got mine to run. :)

VAX video matrix begins at address 0x38000000, simple progressive left-to
right, top-to-bottom mapping. Examine Karl Maftoum's ShagOS code posting.

P.S.A