Subject: Re: X?
To: David Burrows <snadge@gemcorp.com.au>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/1998 22:15:43
David Burrows wrote:

> Hi there.. Please excuse the following fit of ignorance. :)
>
> Is there an X server for NetBSD/Vax?  That way I wouldn't need console
> text support as much as I could just use xterms. :)

Well, you can have an X server, but probably not what you were looking
for.  There is no support for actual display hardware.  The only server
I compiled was Xprt, though you could probably compile Xnest or Xvfb.  I
suppose you could run Xprt and have a hardcopy X terminal or something.
:-)

BTW.  As a matter of fact at this very moment I'm working on the QDSS
driver.  This is going slowly because there's school and other things to
do.

> How about other OS/s, as far as I know this thing (VS3100) will only run
> VMS and Ultrix, which I'm told are fairly well umm crap. :)

It would probably also run Athena-4.3BSD.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |