Subject: Re: A modest proposal
To: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/10/1998 08:08:41
> deleting everything with "sokolov" in the return address it still takes me
> quite a while to work my way through my incoming mail and sort it all out,
> it would be great to clump the port-vax stuff together.

Please don't slam me for this, but this is my personal experience..
(yes I have seen the procmail source code and it tends to make you
weep.. )

But still:

	procmail is your friend :-)

You can:

	- automatically block those 'unwanted' messages
	- let it distribute different emails across different
	  mailboxes. I get all may mailing lists in separate
	  boxes.. Much easier to read.

For all you 'multiple-large-mailing-lists-in-my-inbox' types it's
quite nice (to put it mildly)

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,