Subject: Re: Install questions
To: None <lmartine@cyberus.ca, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/1998 01:47:26
Lee Martineau <lmartine@cyberus.ca> wrote:
> The WRITE PROTECT light also comes on, significant?

This is normal, since TK70 can't write to TK50 tapes, and it's communicating
this to you by lighting the WRITE PROTECT LED.

> I have 52 Mb installed (the max!),
> so I thought the 16 Mb limit might be a problem.

I don't think that this has ever been a problem with KA650-family CPUs, only
with BabyVAXen.

> However, I can't
> get just 16 Mb, since the smallest memory board is 16M [...]

Actually the smallest is 8 MB. I know, since unfortunately these are the only
ones I have got. :-(

> Can I disable the extra (sheesh!) 48M
> just by taking the ribbon connector off the front of the cards or do
> the cards need to be pulled (which means the 4 i/o cards all need
> to be pulled and moved)?

Can't answer this one. But I don't think you'll need to do this.

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: sokolov@alpha.ces.cwru.edu