Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 questions
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/06/1998 00:08:56
<> VT120 was rom based using TI320x cpu.  The VT1300 was diskless Cvax
<> 3100 mopbooted with either DECwindows or Xwindows(x11??).
<
<So are you saying that we might possibly be able to boot a VT1300 Window
<terminal with NetBSD/vax?  Now that would be interesting.  I mean not
<earth-shatteringly interesting but cool nonetheless.

>From what I remember of the box yes... but you still can't see what
your doing as netbsd would not support the video console. I believe you
can plug in a serial console.  It was Cvax so it was a 2.7 or so VUP
box which wasn't to shabby.

FYI we used to netboot all mannor of small vaxen with (vs2ks, 3100s,
MV-IIs) that were diskless as DECwindows or xterms.

Allison