Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 questions..
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/1998 12:08:33
David Burrows <snadge@gemcorp.com.au> wrote:
> Is there a switch somewhere which
> will redirect serial to the graphic console? (Someone else said there was
> but I don't know where it is, this is a KA42 if that helps)
This switch tells the interested parties (console code, VMB, VMS, Ultrix, etc.)
which console to use IF they support both. If there is no code for the
graphical console (the case in NetBSD), then obviously you can't magically
conjure it up no matter what you do with the switch.
My advice to you is: GET A SERIAL CONSOLE! You can use any junk PC as a
terminal, and MMJ cables should be quite common (you can even buy them from
DECdirect if desperate). Once you get a serial console, you can sell your
monitor, and you may even end up with a profit.

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: sokolov@alpha.ces.cwru.edu