Subject: What to do before spinning up RA80
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/1998 18:57:36
I just got a RA80.  I have a few questions:
- How do I make sure that the heads are locked now?  (I hope they are,
but since it looks like lusers had a field day with the back, I'm not so
sure.)  How do I unlock them before use?
- Is there any stuff I should do before spinning up and using the
drive?  (Like air filters that need to be checked/changed, or any other
parts which could cause damage if they aren't checked.)
- Any other specific things I should really be aware of.

(Yeah, I know... it's a big and power hungry 121 meg drive, and it has
the belt drive "feature".  It sucks.  I don't care.  It was cheap and if
I can get it to work I will put it to good use.)

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |