Subject: Re: SCSI on Q-bus
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon Zaft <zaft@artisoft.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/1998 11:45:11
	Just my two cents worth.... while a SCSI controller would be nice
(CDROM, tape AND disk) I do agree that it probably would be a lot easier
AND cheaper to do the IDE interface.  While SCSI is undoubtedly 'sexier',
too many projects of this kind seem to get bogged down in complexity and never
finished.  If we keep it as simple as possible we stand a good chance of
actually getting something that works.  Since the goal is cheap, fast,
lower-power/higher-reliablity storage, that says IDE to me.  If we can
later get IDE CDROMs and tapes, so much the better, but first things first.

GZ

---
Gordon C. Zaft
zaft@azstarnet.com