Subject: Re: KA560 vs. BA23
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/1998 11:40:42
On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Megan wrote:

> Can anyone figure out any reason why a KA650 and 2 MS650s (8mb each)
> would work fine in the backplane of a VS3600 cabinet and yet not
> complete self-test in a BA23?  The self-test countdown gets to
> ..20.. and hangs.  The display shows 'E'.

For what it's worth, I've got the same three boards in a BA23 here,
working just fine.  The only thing I can think of, off hand, is the
little pair of switches on the front panel PCB , which need to be set
differently for different CPUs.  If you've had a PDP-11 CPU in there
before, that might be what's wrong.

In the BA23 with the KA650, I've got both switches off.  In the one
with the 11/83 in it, I've got switch 1 off, switch 2 on.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"