Subject: Needing 1.3 tapes
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Heller <dmheller@frontiernet.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/1998 02:24:56
   Hello,

  I have a mvII w/ka630 cpu and I was wondering if Netbsd/vax1.3
supported. If so is there
  someone in the Rochester NY area that has boot/miniroot tk50 tape and
the binarys. I
  would be willing to trade. I have some Rd53 disks and a 760Mbyte ESDI
drive configured
  as DUA0 .  Also I am interested in using a Qbus scsi adapter card that
emulates MSCP my
  question  is do they have to be formatted  in any special way before
they can be used
 (like RD53,RD54 drives). The scsi adapter I will be using is a U.S
Design Corporation 1108.
   Currently  I only have VMS availlable for Vax : 2 VS2000 machines one
with external
   tape drive both running VMS 5.4  neither of which I can connect to
the internet. Also I
    have a Pentium w/Redhat 5.0 Linux installed but no ethernet card
installed. I should
   probably start a museum as I also have an Atari 520 & 1040  a MAC
IIci  which I plan
    on installing Netbsd (I'm not sure if its available) and a MAC SE
wih MAC OS version 6.
    If any one can help with tapes please respond Email.  Or phone me, I
am listed in phone book.

Thanks,

David M. Heller