Subject: Re: Ultrix/VAX
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/1998 01:37:49
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com> wrote:

> >   Yes...So at least don't discuss it so publicly. ;)

> What we should really discuss publicly is how to overthrow the current
> tyrannical and oppressive government and convert this country from a
> totalitarian dictatorship into a free state where all software would
> belong equally to all citizens.

Da.. BAh.. Durr.. Eh?  Hmmpf.  Wow, this mailing list is getting surreal
in a scary sort of way.  Yet like moth I am attracted to flame.  I am
intrigued yet frightened.  Is this the Twillight Zone?

The U.S., although not the most perfect of countries by a long shot, isn't
*that* bad. At least you can say controversial things in public without
fear of being set up against a concrete wall and blind-folded.  Of course
you may have to deal with being laughed at for voicing certain
controversial topics in an unusual context...

-brian.
---