Subject: Re: CPUs and system boards
To: None <gunnar@bitcon.no, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/1998 18:38:57
Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no> wrote:
>Note that it's possible to get around the VAXserver VMS licensing
>restrictions by loading a type B VMS Server license (instead of a
>VMS-BASE license) and then loading a multiuser VMS-USER license. This
>gives you a very cheap multiuser systems as the requirements for layered
>products etc. are very low on a VAXserver.
>
>Or so I've been told... ;-)

It is also quite easy to fabricate your own licenses. I had to do this
for the BLISS license. My LMF was too old a version to accept the
Licence Pak that came with it, so I had to cheat. For BLISS it worked,
dunno about other licensed applications.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ It's not easy having a good time    rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl