Subject: Re: http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/Machines/DEC/vax/index.html
To: Huw Davies <H.Davies@latrobe.edu.au>
From: Varga Akos Endre <hamster@pc0176sd.sysdata.siemens.at>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/28/1998 09:58:46
> The 11/782 is two 11/780 systems connected together via a (MA780?) 4Mb
> shared memory cabinet. This system supported ASMP and the story I heard of
> at the time (from a reliable friend within Digital) was that the person
> responsible for the changes required to support ASMP did it over a weekend....

Hm, I saw a TPA-11/582 some times ago. That machine is the hungarian clone
of the VAX 11/782 configuration. The machine is still operational, but
only with one processor. It ran a somewhat hacked version of VMS4.x, but
they dropped the ASMP bits when DEC did the same in 5.0.

Hm, I think the console of that "TPA11/58x" is an interesting one, it's
an LSI-11 clone with a second processor, a Z80... :)

 /__//__///_///__   /  /_   /  ) Varga Akos Endre   hamster@netweb.hu
/  //  //   /___/  /  /__  /  (   www.netweb.hu/hamster/english.html
 PDP 11 Page                     http://www.netweb.hu/hamster/pdp-11/
 SchKol				http://schkol.sch.bme.hu/e_index.html