Subject: TK70 writing.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/28/1998 08:49:38
Has anybody here ever tried writing some relatively large amount
of data to their TK70's using NetBSD?

Somehow all my data after a certain point gets garbled. Tar starts
complaining about incorrect headers and such.

Reading seems to be OK, because I can read tapes built using Ultrix
just fine. Writing seems to be the problem.

The TK70 and tapes are OK, because when I boot my 3600 under Ultrix
it writes just fine. That's how I build my boot-tapes BTW..

Oh.. Almost forgot.. This is under 1.3_ALPHA

If anyone wants to take a look, but has no TK70 to play with,
the machine is on the net and I have spare tapes that can be
used for testing. Kernel source is available on the system too..

								Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,