Subject: Re: Digital is going.....
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1998 17:38:22
Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> So, who wants to mirror their web site(s) before the information goes away?
>
> I mean, is all of that info on oooold machines going to stay around after
> the merger is finished?

Is there really that much useful stuff there?  Last time I checked,  it
seemed to me that there isn't a lot of VS2000 and MicroVAX II stuff
(only some specs), and there was practically no info on any of the
PDP-11 models.  Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but it seems to me that
most of the stuff wouldn't really help.

I'm more concerned about documentation and parts becoming unavailable.
It seemed to me that DEC tried to support old stuff for a really long
time.  I somehow doubt that Compaq is going to follow that tradition.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |