Subject: Re: Compaq buys Digital
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1998 13:47:06
Dave McGuire wrote:

> On January 27, Daniel S. Kosack wrote:
> > > Well, yes and no. In my experience the early Compaqs were bulletproof
> > > while today's Compaqs are just like any other PC.
> >
> >  The consumer "crap" will be consumer crap (read: Presario's); however, I
> > think the Proliants and other big boys are pretty good.  You get what you
> > pay for.
>
>   Dude...they're PCs...get over it, eh?  You don't really believe they
> use different components, do you?

Please.. PLEASE... let's not get into the typical "My ancient piece of crap is better than your new
piece of crap" argument... let's face it: We love Vaxen not because of thier power, but because of
thier weight. We own Vaxen so that we can say "We Own Big Iron."

<duck>Can't we all just get along?</duck>

--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682