Subject: Re: MV3100m20e - some problems I notice using NetBSD1.3
To: port-vax@NetBSD.ORG <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian \"JARAI\" Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1998 02:38:27
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

> > I have two rz56 disks (665MB) when they are connected the system does
> > not boot.

> 	I assume you are netbooting the machine?
> 	Have you tried using a PIO kernel?

I don't think there's a readily available premade PIO kernel for 1.3 yet.
Rolling your own is a bit a challenge for most first timers I think :-)

I've got a 1.3_ALPHA PIO kernel on my web site from back in November, but
I haven't checked to see if it plays nicely with the 1.3 binaries yet.
I'll work on putting together a 1.3 PIO kernel image soon if someone
doesn't beat me to it.

I'm just now converting my VS3100's to 1.3.  My MicroVAX II is posing some
challenges to me as the 1.2G I've got on it keeps panicking whenever I try
to write the 1.3 boot tape.  Looks like I'm going to have to boot from my
1.1A boot tape in order to write a 1.3 bootape.  All so I can install 1.3
on it. Argh.

-brian.
---