Subject: Re: What is LCG?
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1998 02:11:43
Since you insist on still saying "ARPA Internet", you really should know
what a 20xx is, Michael...

> There have been several postings on port-vax mentioning something called "LCG"
> without explaining what it is. What is it really? Also, what do you mean by
> "2080"? I have never heard of VAX 2080.

LCG was the group who made big machines at DEC, and despite all statements
to the contrary, the VAX 9000 wasn't the first DEC mainframe. A long time
before that, they made something called the PDP-10...
I think LCG stood for Large Computer Group.

I can smell some genuine DEC folklore here...
(And I've just read what I expect to be the last chapter on DEC. :-(

	Johnny