Subject: Re: v1.3 Up and Running - Woo Hoo!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/1998 15:42:02
<I've finally gotten NetBSD-vax 1.3 running on my uvII - Many Many Many th
<answered questions for me. I finally ended up fixing the "download boot c

Congrats!

<as new as it once was. It didn't like having both RD54's on one ps and th
<without fail, just after un-tar-ing base.tgz, I would suddenly lose power
<one RD54 to the second ps, and now it works fine. Shouldn't either ps be
<Anyway, it's booting by itself, and completely, although I still need to

It's should behave as it's supposed to be able to withstand 4 rd54s and
a tk50 assuming the boards total don't exceed the power supply.  I'd
strongly suggest you inspect all of the fans to insure they are running.
I've seen the power supply fan fail and make things very flakey due to
temperature.  Fan failures are a fact of life in that box.

Allison