Subject: Re: VAX hardware details now in HTML
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/1998 22:34:34
allisonp@world.std.com (Allison J Parent) wrote:
> *TZK50  TK50 with SCSI adaptor (used with VS2000, works on 3100 Mxx)
Just one clarification. TZK50 is the name of the board that sits between the
SCSI bus and the TK50 drive. The whole product as shipped to customers is
called TK50Z and is a box with the drive, the board, and everything else needed
already inside. Also be careful with 2000s and 3100s. TK50Z has two versions,
TK50Z-Fx and TK50Z-Gx, which differ in TZK50 firmware. I STRONGLY ADVISE you to
read my yesterday's super-lengthy post. In there you will see a description of
the differences between the two, why they are completely incompatible, and
which one is used where. I won't give the answer out here, though, since
otherwise I won't be able to make people read my post.

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: sokolov@alpha.ces.cwru.edu