Subject: Re: What is LCG?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul A Vixie <paul@vix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/1998 12:53:56
> Customers however would have been very happy for a 2x faster "20".
> It was avery dark day inside DEC when the Jupiter project was killed.

Having seen some other dark days, I'd say the day Jupiter was killed was
darker than the day NT-I-mean-Prism was killed, about as dark as the day
the Comet (750) was slowed down to avoid competing with the 780, and not
as dark as the day the 9000 got the go-ahead or the day the Titan was
killed or the day Palmer was made president or the day the Alpha was sold
to Intel.

Working at Digital was an amazing experience which I shall always cherish;
the friends I made there are still friends and I'm still working with some
of them.  But a worse-managed multinational company would be hard to find.