Subject: VAX and vfork
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/1998 14:56:29
Whoops!

The new vfork is definitely not a happy puppy on the VAX.  After I
upgraded my KA650 to -current as of about 1998-01-21, lots of things
are failing.  So far, I've changed vfork() calls to fork() calls in
/sbin/mount, /sbin/fsck and /bin/csh, which is what it took to be
able to boot to multi user and login as root.

Of course, the fix is to figure out why vfork in the VAX port is so
screwed up, but there's little hope that I'll figure that out; I'm
not very familiar with the internals of the system yet.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"