Subject: RE: Vaxstation/MicroVAX info
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/1998 00:28:17
>	Kevin P. Neal reports having a BA23-style II/GPX case:
>
>- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:55:12 -0500
>- From: "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
>- Subject: Re: Vaxstation/MicroVAX info
>-
>- No. I've got a Vaxstation II/GPX case here, BA23-style.
>
>	Is it possible this was a later, or a less common option?
>	Kevin, just to check, does the box say II/GPX, or is it just
>	configured as such - is it possible it came as something else
>	and was upgraded?

Well, there I go running my mouth without double checking. Sorry.

I've got four BA23 cases. One of them is badged "MicroVAX II". The other
three are badged "VAXstation II/RC".

None of them are running due to lack of time and parts, so my memory is a
bit rusty. One of the II/RC cases came with the color graphics cards
installed and I was told on this list that it was the graphics card that
comes installed in the II/GPX systems.

BTW, did someone on this list actually say that MIT has a boot program for
these machines that will actually allow me to netboot these machines? I'd
love to actually get them running but I'm short on time and don't have time
to go tracking down parts if I don't have a way to get a disk installed or a
tape made. Anybody got a URL?

Ignore my earlier posts.

I'm going to dust these things now, I've got caked on dust. Then it's shove
them back under the table and pile the other equipment back in front. *sigh*
*reaches over, turns up stereo* At least I'm playing a good band: Tool.

Hey, will this VR290-DA work with the II/GPX graphics board set? I don't
even know if my VR290 works, and I don't feel like assembling all of this
equipment if I'm not going to be able to learn anything anyway.

Sorry for the errors, and thanks for the info.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/