Subject: RE: Vaxstation/MicroVAX info
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/24/1998 12:21:27
	Questions for both Allison and Kevin here - if they have time :)

> From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
>
> According to "the book":
>
> This is genrally limited to systems configured using KA630Q cpus:
>
> VAXstation:  Microvax-II with terminal IO
>              The difference between microvaxII and VAXstation was
>              generally related to package, but not always.  It managed
>              to blur the lines between workstation(vaxstation) and
>              backroom terminal conected systems.  The only recognized
>              difference was intended use and the way they were sold
>              With vaxstation being oriented toward single user and
>              microvax aimed at small system prelacement for bigger vaxen.
> VAXstation-II: Microvax-II with VCB01 (mono with vr290)
> VAXstation-II/GPX: Microvax-II VCB02 4 plane or 8plane comor graphics.
>  * note there was also a two user /GPX that used two sets of VCB02.

	Noted...

> There were 4 packageing options:
>
> BA23     ( MVAX, VS-II)

	Kevin P. Neal reports having a BA23-style II/GPX case:

- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:55:12 -0500
- From: "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
-
- No. I've got a Vaxstation II/GPX case here, BA23-style.

	Is it possible this was a later, or a less common option?
	Kevin, just to check, does the box say II/GPX, or is it just
	configured as such - is it possible it came as something else
	and was upgraded?

> BA123    ( mVAX-II, VS-II, VS-II/gpx)
> BA213/14 (industrial box, Rarely found as other that factoryVAX-II)

	Would you have any specs on the BA214?

> H9642J   Rack with two ba23s (generally only configured as MicroVAX-II
>          with lots of big storage options, RA60, RA80/81/82, TU81)

	Is this the same as the '630QE' Q5?

dimensions:     66 x 106 x 92cm (WxHxD) (19" rack)
used-in:        MicroVAX II
notes:          H9642 cabinet,two BA23 units in middle, two 10" rackmount
                disk/tape units (such as RA81 and TS05), one abve and one below
		the BA23s.

	Thanks again...

		David/absolute

       _-*-_   If there is a hell... I'll see you there   _-*-_