Subject: RE: Vaxstation/MicroVAX info
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/24/1998 20:08:45
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	Would you have more details on the 'Q5' - is it a BS23
> 	(19" rackmount uVaxII with two drive bays) in a 19" rack?

The one Gunnar calls Q5 is what DEC calls (at least in the MicroVAX
version; it might have different names with different contents) a
630QE system.  The 630QE has an H9642 cabinet, containing two BA23
cages mounted horizontally, one above the other in the middle of the
system, and one or two 10½ inch disk or tape storage devices -- one
goes above, one below the BA23s.  Mine has an RA81 below them, and
a TS05 above.  I've swapped the KA630 and memory into a plain BA23,
though, and keep a MicroPDP-11/83 system in this cabinet.  My main
NetBSD/vax system is a KA650, which lives in a dual BA23 setup that
sits in a 19" rack together with another RA81 and an old PDP-11/23.

The 630QE (or Q5, as Gunnar calls it) is 66cm wide, 106cm tall, 92cm
deep, and weighs more than I like to think about.  I had to really
take it to pieces to be able to carry everything unaided in order to
get it transported here...

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"