Subject: RE: Vaxstation/MicroVAX info
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/1998 20:52:35
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:

> Hm, this sounds a lot like my machine. It was never a GPX but simply a
> MicroVAX II. A lot of these were sold around here, actually this cabinet
> was the most common one for the MicroVAX II, although I have seen some
> as VAXstation II/GPX as well. We used to call this config the "Q3". The
> smaller cabinet we used to call "Q2" and the largest cabinet (like the
> one Tom Ivar has, a rack with an RA82 at the bottom) we used to call the
> "Q5".
>
> Where these designations came from I don't know. Anyone else seen/used
> them?

	Pass. :) Would you have more details on the 'Q5' - is it a BS23
	(19" rackmount uVaxII with two drive bays) in a 19" rack?

> I have a picture of my machine on the FAQ pages:
> http://vaxine.bitcon.no/image/vaxine-m.jpg
>
> This is what I call a "Q3". Is this what you mean by the BA123 box?

	That is a BA123.

	Would you mind if I took a copy of your picture for the
	www.netbsd.org vax-models.html list?

	Does anyone else have images of Vaxes they would like to
	contribute?

		David/absolute

    "Its a bright sunny california day outside, and you're inside. Why?"
    "One can only presume that was a rhetorical question..."