Subject: Re: opinion on VAXserver 3400
To: Daniel S Kosack <kosack@wam.umd.edu>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/1998 08:15:14
> VS3400 a VMS machine, or should NetBSD be "stable" / fast enough for it to
> be good?  I know all the SCSI stuff and normal things (like the 3100's and
> 2000's) are all good, but the 3400 is Qbus and DSSI, so I don't know how
> well they are supported and would care for feedback and any commentary.

The 3400 CPU-wise should be supported 100%.

The DSSI interface isn't supported at the moment AFAIK (ragge?), so if you
want to run NetBSD you'll have to dig up some other drive interface in
the meantime (eg. KDA50 or some SCSI adapter like Emulex UC07/8)

								Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,