Subject: More boot aggravation...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/20/1998 23:50:04
	I was correct in my download of the *secondary* boot loader from
ftp.netbsd.org. I copied it to the root directory of sd0. I tried all of
primary boot programs listed in /usr/mdec, but they allgive me the same
error:

b dka0
howto 0x0 bdev 0x2a, booting...done. (18280+37596)
CPU type 11 not supported by boot
Let's see how far we get ...

Nboot
: /netbsd
open ...
done. (-1)
Unknown error: code 19    {does the three times and stops at the : prompt.}

	I tried entering /boot, /netbsd /hdboot (that's what I have named
that old program you gave me). There is no difference; call come up with
the same error. The old boot program seemed to load netbsd without a
problem and it installs without a problem with disklabel. Those numbers
(683008+35840+70760 start 0x9a1fc) are the same when the kernel is loaded
by network. However, after giving me the same exact numerical info,
nothing else happens. Is there some argument that I must give to the boot
rom that will 'give me a choice' as to what file I can choose from which
to boot? (i.e. b dka0, b /100 dka0, b /5 dka0, usw.)

TiA

P.S.A