Subject: Re: difference KA650-AA and KA650-BA
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/19/1998 22:23:15
   Dear Emanuel,

   You wrote:
> cause i saw it till now only on the FAQ, i think this "D" is a typo.
   Either this, or maybe VMS decides to call it "65D" because it has
"dragon" video. Note that "D" may very well stand for "dragon", as it
probably does in "QDSS". Let's see what our DEC friend Antonio tells us.
> the console runs already. no matter, if the VCB** Boards are installed or
> not (????)
   I don't understand this at all now. Again, let's see what our DEC friend
Antonio tells us...
> I want to use NetBSD, cause i have already a Decstation 5000/133 and a PC
> running NetBSD.
   DS5000/133 is supported by 4.4BSD, and maybe by 4.3BSD-Reno. I also plan
to support it in my hybrid version (combined from 4.3BSD-Tahoe and 4.3BSD-
Reno), but this will be of no use to people unless I get SCO to say
explicitly that it's OK to redistribute these things.
   By the way, do you have the owner's manual for DS5000/133? I have one
such box, but I don't have any docs for it. If you have the owner's manual,
could you tell me its DEC part # so that I can ask Richard about it? Also
if it references some technical or maintenance manuals in the related
documents section, could you tell me their #s too?

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: sokolov@alpha.ces.cwru.edu