Subject: Re: An MV3100/KA41 question
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: Thordur Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/19/1998 10:50:36
Michael Sokolov wrote:

>    Dear Thordur,

>     By the way, your picture suggests that the external SCSI connector is
> Centronics-50. Is it really? Is it on the left or on the right (if you look
> from the back)? I have always thought that all KA41/42 systems use those
> funny reversed-gender high-density 68-pin connectors, and I have always
> seen them on the left side of the back panel.

Certenly 50p Centronics connector, same as on the scsi boxes that I have
for my PC, I also got TLZ04 DAT tape that is scsi and I have used with
the PC!

    You wrote:
> > This system is belived to be MV3100m20 or MV3100m20e
>    The system board identifies itself as KA41-D. Thanks to Antonio Carlini,
> we now know that it's the 33 MHz version and that it's a MicroVAX as
> opposed to a VAXserver. These boards are used in MV3100 M10e and M20e.
> Since yours is in a BA42-B enclosure (the thicker one), it fits the
> characteristics of MV3100 M20e.
> > I have here somewere owners manual for this system but it is very bad
> > document.
>    Is it the owner's manual? Could you tell me its DEC part # so that I can
> ask Richard for a copy? Also would you please look in the related documents
> section to see if it references some technical or maintenance manuals?

This is marked as Owner's Manual and Order Nuber:EK-A0371-OM.002
In Appendix E, Associated Documents:
 MicroVAX 3100 and VAXserver 3100 Planning and Preparation Card
EK-A0373-PC
 MicroVAX 3100 and VAXserver 3100 Maintenance Guide
EK-A0372-MG
 MicroVAX 3100 and VAXserver 3100 Illustrated Parts Breakdown
EK-A0372-IP

VAX Architecture Handbook	    EB-19580-20
VAX Software Handbook               EB-21812-20
Microcomputer Interface Handbook    EB-20175-20
Microcomputer and Memories Handbook EB-18451-20

some other titles are mentioned but I think they are not relevant.

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!