Subject: Re: ae problems w/Farallon EtherMac
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/18/1998 19:50:41
<traffic reveals that the Sun always padded packets shorter than that.
<But packets below (IIRC) 64 bytes, the MicroVAX simply never received.
<We had kernel source for the VAX's OS, and as far as I could determine,
<the DEQNA just wasn't doing anything with them.

The DEQNA was not a perfect beast and likely the rev level of the one you
have could have been early too boot.  Considering the the last rev level
of that board was N3(!) and a lot of the loose ones floating around were
of the C3 rev there could be problems.  For some VAX configurations
LPS40 printserver for example would not be reliable with rev level
below E4.  While theey arent as bad as some say it's not that great
either. Sufficient to say if you have one use it, if you have a choice
use a DELQA.  However, often there isn't a choice.

Allison