Subject: Re: difference KA650-AA and KA650-BA
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/18/1998 18:33:30
On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, emanuel stiebler wrote:

> trying :
>
> b/100 XQA0
>
> looks like this machine try to boot !!!
>
> now i have to setup a linux box (or my NetBSD/pmax) , for the mop-boot.

You should wait on that.  You can't netboot NetBSD/VAX on machines that
have Q-bus ethernet controllers like the DELQA.  The mop-able boot loader
(mopboot) only supports the lance ethernet devices found in non Q-bus
based machines like the VAXstation 2000, 3100, and apparently some
MicroVAX 3100's.

The Q-bus ethernet controllers are supported in the NetBSD/VAX kernel, so
you can still use the network if you can get NetBSD installed onto your
machine using tapes or floppy disks.

-brian.
---