Subject: Hardware questions (Offtopic)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Fritzler <afritz@iname.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/17/1998 02:21:54
I'm getting NetBSD going on my VS3100/40 just fine, but I'm getting tired
of the serial console.

What's the model number of the cable that goes into that DB15 on the
VS3100/40? Is the output pure monochrome (1-bit) or some grayscale?  Can I
plug this into the green BNC port of my VRC16 and expect it to work?

Also, what's the difference between a LK401 and an LK501?  I have a 501,
but it's physically incompatible -- are they electrically compatible?  Can
it be rewired to work as a LK401?

One more thing,  I netbooted off another machine.  Everything boots fine,
but I can't write disklabels to the SCSI hard drives.  When I do a
'disklabel -w ...' it just says 'sd0: no disklabel' and stops without
doing a thing!  Any advise or do I have to use a TK50 tape and edlabel?

Thanks,
Adam

   Adam Fritzler
   afritz@iname.com